Have Fun Waiting
I used to hate waiting for someone.
Not anymore. I now grab that opportunity to either read a book, pray, reflect, or even rest. I actually learned to like waiting even up to hours. What bothers me is the fact that I find it likable to be waiting for someone but find it hard to wait for God’s plans.
Psalm 27:14 states,
“Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!”
Waiting is one of the hardest things to do. We want to be people of actions. We feel better if we are doing something to address our need. But did you know that waiting forces us to rely on God.
Brothers and sister waiting for the plans and promise of the Lord is actually an opportunity for us to grow closer to Him. It asks for our full trust and faith. It tells us that we can’t do anything but to just hold on to His promise. As I said, waiting forces us to rely on God-and it a good thing.
Most people wants God to fulfill His promise right now but because God knows the right time for everything, He’d ask you to continue waiting. This is when people starts to rebel and/or lose communication because of impatience. Sometimes people wont rebel but be bitter and doubt themselves, or even God. Whatever the reason may be, failure to trust God’s time always lead to something not good. Waiting and trusting however leads to deep fulfillment. Observe all the people who waited patiently in the bible. They are all blessed with more than what God promised them.
Brothers and sisters let us build our faith and trust on God’s plans for us. Let us hold on His perfect timing. May we realize that the times of waiting on the Lord can be some of the most precious moments in our life (John 11:1-6).
LET US HAVE FUN WAITING FOR THE LORD!
I pray for you all
- Hurry up and wait!!! (holyroller72.com)
- Waiting Patiently For The Best, Evans Olang (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
- Wait On The Lord (theinscribedheart.com)
- Wait on The Lord… (julia4jesus.wordpress.com)
- Wait on the Lord (treclark.wordpress.com)
- What Does It Mean To “Wait on the Lord?” (myviewandopinion.wordpress.com)
- Posted in: Motivational / Encouragement
- Tagged: CFC, Christianity, Couples for Christ, Faith, faith and trust, God, God's plans, God's promise, God's time, good courage, Lord, Psalm 27:14, Religion, Religion and Spirituality, SFC, Singles for Christ, trust, Trust God, Wait, Wait on the Lord, YFC, Youth for Christ